Money Masters Volunteers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Money Masters Volunteers

All Money Master Volunteers in training, are expected to participate in discussion. The discussion questions will provide an opportunity to share resources.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Investing for the future!

Go down 
+4
liangyuheng16
Michael Weaver
Elizabeth Cleland
Maeganshafer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Maeganshafer

Investing for the future! Empty
PostSubject: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:34 am

Name three different types of investments. What have you had the most success with? What are two benefits to using a stock brokers?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Cleland

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 pm

IRA - Individual Retirement Accounts are tax-advantaged investment vehicles for individuals

401(k) - A similar tax-advantaged investment vehicle provided through an employer, sometimes with a "match" in which the employer will contribute as well

529 - Another tax-advantaged investment vehicle which encourages users to save for future education expenses

I personally have not yet had the opportunity to invest, though it is on my list of short-term goals!

Stock brokers can give you greater access and flexibility with your investing when compared to leaving your money unattended in an account, and they may know what to do in different economic climates. But they tend to charge fees and do not typically "beat" the market.
Back to top Go down
Michael Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Equity funds, bond funds, real estate investment trusts. I have all three in the form of exchange traded funds and each has a place in my portfolio

Last edited by Michael Weaver on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liangyuheng16

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 pm

I never know how to investment in US. I want to know some.
Back to top Go down
garrett shepherd

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Treasury bonds, bills, a notes. All government issued debt instruments, the difference is the amount of time to maturity.
Municipal bonds can be beneficial depending on your level of income, as interest is tax exempt.
Back to top Go down
Dumisai McMillan

PostSubject: Investing for the future   Investing for the future! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 am

Bonds are loans an investor makes to an organization in exchange for interest payments over a specified term.
Annuities is a contract between you and an insurance company, in which the company promises to make periodic payment.
Funds are such as mutual funds, closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds—pool money from many investors and invest it according to a specific investment strategy. I have not yet had any experience in investing.
Back to top Go down
shemikabell

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 am

I am not familiar with investments. I only have experience with a 401k and I think it's a great way for you to save without stressing about it. I am not a gambler or risk taker when it comes to money.
Back to top Go down
amm0744

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 1:00 pm

I have treasury bonds, a 401K, an account with capital one investing, an IRA account, and stock through the acorns app and stash app.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investing for the future!   Investing for the future! Empty

Back to top Go down

Investing for the future!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Money Masters Volunteers  :: Money Masters Volunteers-
Jump to: