Money Masters Volunteers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Money Masters Volunteers

All Money Master Volunteers in training, are expected to participate in discussion. The discussion questions will provide an opportunity to share resources.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Experience with Credit

Go down 
+3
Michael Weaver
Elizabeth Cleland
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Your Experience with Credit  Empty
PostSubject: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Have you utilized credit in your life? What did you find that made it confusing? Easy to understand? (optional question)
Back to top Go down
https://moneymasters.forumotion.com
Elizabeth Cleland

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Yes I have!

Early on, nobody explained to me the difference between "outstanding balance," "available line of credit," "last statement balance," and "minimum payment." Learning more about those terms really helped me out.

Another thing that made the world of credit confusing is just how it's portrayed in movies and shows. Credit is either portrayed as this glitzy, unending source of products, or as evil incarnate to be avoided by any means necessary. In reality, it all depends on how you treat it.
Back to top Go down
Michael Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Typically I use my credit card for most purchases to earn travel points. I pay my balance in full every month.
Back to top Go down
liangyuheng16

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 pm

I have a credit card. The major different that compare with debit card is Credit focus on how much money that people spend, but debit card is focus on how much money that people leave. This also is my confusing point. Another thing is I can not swipe credit card to take out cash from ATM, even though I still have credit in the card. I find out is because the credit card also have the available line of cash. It can take out cash, but only the spend credit is lower certain number.
Back to top Go down
garrett shepherd

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 pm

I have very limited interaction with credit. I have had issues with being able to lease certain apartments because I have not yet built my credit.
Back to top Go down
shemikabell

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 11:29 am

I have used credit in the past. The most confusing thing I found was understanding the credit score and how it is calculated.
Back to top Go down
amm0744

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 pm

When I was younger, I overextended myself with credit and it really bit me in the butt when I became ill. Now I only use my credit card for gas purchases and when I travel out of town. I pay my balance each month now.
Back to top Go down
Michael Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:24 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Experience with Credit    Your Experience with Credit  Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Experience with Credit
Page 1 of 1